Salary £21,575 per annum pro rata, (£18,536.72) 37 hours per week, Term-Time Only
Grade 3, Point 5, Permanent
Required for immediate start or as soon thereafter.
St John’s C of Academy is looking to recruit a suitably qualified Teaching Assistant to join our experienced team of practitioners.
The purpose of this role will be to support the cohort in Key Stage 1, facilitating children to access the full curriculum and have successful learning opportunities. We are looking for a motivational, resourceful and compassionate Teaching Assistant to inspire and support our children within daily school life.
No day is ever the same in this role and we are looking for adaptable and flexible individuals who thrive in an environment with changing priorities.
The job role will include:
- Working in a team directed by the class teacher, to deliver excellent support with teaching and learning;
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning;
- Working with teachers to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources;
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all children;
- Creating opportunities for all children to reach their potential, irrespective of ability.
What you will need to succeed:
- A relevant level 3 teaching and learning in schools’ qualification;
- A proven ability to work in a team and using your own initiative;
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults;
- A commitment to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
St John’s C of E Academy is part of the Southwell and Nottingham Multi-Academy Trust, working collaboratively with Haggonfields Primary Academy.
The Trust and St John’s C of E Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring, and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 27th November 2023
Interviews: Thursday 30th November 2023
Application forms available from the school website or via email request to email@example.com